Friday

STANDING TALL IS TIRING


I HAVE HAD A MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS WHICH REQUIRES me to stand up for all but two hours of the day. I do get to sleep, by golly; and ACTUALLY, TWO HOURS A DAY is the goal which of course I have not reached in only ten days. But even though JFK stood at his desk (because of back problems) and recommended the practice, I get pooped quickly at the computer which is now on a raised desk! He thought he could think more clearly standing up - - -however, my clarity of thought hasn't improved noticeably.

I must also go for a walk after every meal! Is this abuse or will I end up enjoying it?



The reason for this madness has something to do with blood sugar. My body is goofing up. My liver will kill me if I don't quit sitting around reading and writing so much. (Be sure your sin will find you out!)


I think I am getting stronger already, and hopefully, my liver is happier.

4 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Lizza--My goal is to download some cool sermons or books to my ipod to make walking on those boring machines at the gym more fun. I am searching for these sermons called "Redeeming Ruth" by ummm...forget the guy's name. Anyway, my friend told me you can find novels and then no page turning while you're sweating! But, I have no idea whatsoever how to go about doing this way-modern, techno-savvy thing!! Good luck

Elizabeth said...

Lisa, You always have a word of encouragement for me and I thank you. Listening to something great while walking is such a good idea.
I was also thinking I could take a bus to the downtown area and see what all changes have been taking place, have an iced tea, checkout a bookstore, a gallery and who knows what else!

Cherie said...

How grand that the weather beckons one to go outside, on her feet, and roam around. Lisa does indeed have a good idea.

Be well, Lizza. You tell that liver of yours to simmer down now, you have a life to live!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Cherie and thank you. The weather, today especially, does indeed beckon