Wednesday

Happy Birthday to Me


It's raining on my birthday. But I will keep fingers crossed for tomorrow that it will be fair weather because that's when my friends are giving me a luncheon birthday party. It's just more cheerful in the sunshine.
Tonight Dick is taking me out to a splurgey restaurant for dinner. The chef makes divine ravioli so I think I will have that. Since it is chilly weather, I won't be dressing up in summer's finest. Good thing I never got the warmer clothes stowed away yet. Ah, the rewards of procrastination! I am an antique, you know, and I probably shouldn't admit it, but I have reached 73 years of age. I never imagined it. 73 is much younger in the 21st century than it used to be.

8 comments:

Pam said...

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Mo-oommmm,
Happy birthday to YOU!!!

I haven't been able to catch you at home whenever I called today, you busy bee, you. It sounds like you're having a grand day and another one coming up tomorrow!

Love you more! And I miss you. Always.

Cherie said...

Happiest of Birthdays to you, Lizza, a day late, but the wishes last all year!!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you , ladies! I had a great perpetual two day birthday celebration. Got good company, good food and presents!

The cards were especially beautiful and the sentiments humbling.

Lisa Smith said...

Lizza--I hope it's not too late to wish you a happy, happy birthday. I hope this year is the best yet!

How was dinner? The luncheon? The weather?

I am praying many blessings for you!!!

Cherie said...

Ah, Lizza, I just fell in love with your blog (and you) all over again - you quoted Bob Dylan!!!

Hope all is well. Gorgeous mixed up weather, huh.

Cherie said...

P.S. My two daughters, also Bob Dylan fans, have just declared you "COOL!"

Elizabeth said...

DEAR CHERIE AND OFFSPRING,
I love to be COOL! Thank you for your darling opinion!

Elizabeth said...

Dear Lisa, The dinner was so super delicious....it was not one of those meals where you think you could have done better just eating at home. Not at my house! This guy (chef) knows his ravioli and it was soooo good.

The party-lunch was served at an excruciatingly slow pace...but that was just as well. We didn't feel guilty keeping the table while we jabbered.

In case any age-peers are reading this, perhaps you remember the Cream-of-Wheat commercial song? It as the sponsor of "Let's Pretend"---a captivating children's radio program which we all used to listen to on Saturday mornings. Well, if you can believe it, we always sing that instead of Happy Birthday. And we did. In the restaurant. We had a grand time.